HOW I FIXED MY CREDIT
UPDATE MAY 2020: I AM OFFICIALLY A HOME OWNER! ALL OF THIS HARD WORK PAID OFF!
A simple guide on how I fixed my credit, in 2 years time. Follow these steps, and you to can do the same! My credit was horrible, I couldn’t get a cellphone in my name! When I started 2 years ago my credit score was a 536. It’s now a 730+ & growing!
1. The first thing I did was pay off any debt that I owed, or I challenged it. Most of my debt were hospital bills and other miscellaneous inquiries. I paid them ALL off. PAY off all debts you know you owe, and KEEP all receipts of payments. Once it’s payed, you can have those negative things removed from your credit file all together. (explained below)
2. My best friend told me about this company, first premier bank. They have secured credit cards. A secured credit card is basically a set amount you can spend a month. My spending limit was $300. I only used it to pay for gas, food, and simple things. I paid the bill every month, and my credit increased drastically. I’ve had this card for four years now, and I still use it. It’s a permanent trade line with excellent payment history, which is great for your credit score.
3. I used a company called Lexington Law to remove all of the negative inquiries from my credit history. It took them about a year to do so. Once everything was removed, I started my real journey. I went and got a car, it wasn’t anything fancy. It was a Chevy Malibu! I kept it for 2 years, paid the bill on time, and when the lease was up, my credit score had shot up to a 700 in 1 years time.
4. Now I have American Express and first premier bank credit cards! I only use my credit cards to pay for miscellaneous things! (gas, food, clothes, etc) You never want to max out your credit cards. Keep the usage low, (below 30%) this way you won't end up in major credit card debt.
- *Always pay your bills on time. Set up auto pay on everything which will help you never miss a payment.
- *If you know someone with good credit history with credit cards, you can ask them to add you as an authorized user on their account. Their history will reflect on your account.
- *Don't expect instant results. This takes time. It took me 3 years to get to a 742 credit score. Be patient and stay on top of everything.
You don't have to pay someone thousands of dollars to this for you. The information is out there for FREE, you just need to research it. A Goddess always stays on top of her affairs. I’m not an expert and I can’t guarantee that it will work for you, but it should! It will take some time but it can be done!